Monday, January 5, 2015

First Finish


I am very excited about my first finished project for 2015 for a couple of reasons. First, it is part of my 50 States Project, and will soon be on its way to West Virginia. Second, it was the oldest project I still had on the needles, started almost three years (!!) ago in February of 2012. For some reason, after knitting the front, back and most of one sleeve, I just put this project aside and pretty much forgot about it. It took just about two hours to finish it. So silly.

Since I have given so much thought lately to the things I do and don't enjoy knitting, I will probably focus on hats for my project from now on. Hats go so quickly and don't need much yarn, and look fabulous with stripes or colorwork, which will be great for all of the leftovers I've got. 

Except I think I want to make at least one scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Just no more sweaters for a while. Even when they are tiny, garter stitch sweaters, they seem more daunting to me. But who could be daunted by a simple hat?

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

This is a sweet finish.