Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's a Go!



Today I finished up a sample of what I was hoping to do for Jen Rubino and her organization, Cards for Hospitalized Kids. Once again, I apologize for not being able to link you up, but I urge you to check out CFHK and read Jen's story. Such an inspiring young woman!

Anyway, Jen loved my idea of cards with a little pocket holding a finger puppet. I call them Thumb Buddies, and the inside of the card is going to say, Thumb Buddy loves you! (What can I say, I am a sucker for puns). I've got a bunch of card bases ready, and my thumb is still green and blue from making thumbprints for the front of the cards. Sewing the little puppets will take a bit longer, but it's fun to do so it's all good. I don't know if you can see in the photo, but first I stitch a spiral on the front of the puppet, then add the features and sew the puppet together. I will share more photos when I am done with the project.

I got the idea from seeing a Father's Day card someone had posted on Instagram using thumbprint people, but on reflection I have a feeling the original idea started with the talented and delightful artist, Ed Emberley.

So that's what has me jazzed today. I hope all of you are doing something fun, too.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Super creative ideas, Amy. Imagine the joy that will light up their faces when they open the cards.