Monday, September 17, 2012

OWH Birthday Bash!

Whoo hoo! We had our Operation Write Home Birthday Bash card making party today and it was a blast! Both girls are at home today because it is Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year. We all agreed that we'd definitely be starting the new year off right by making cards for American heroes serving overseas. Above you can see (click the photo to make it larger) the makings for kits for three different cards, two of which use sketches from OWH's vast collection.
 Meital (age 15, on the left) and Liat (age 20 and a sergeant in the IDF) enjoyed making the cards, as did I. They both expressed interest in writing Any Hero cards, too, so we'll have to get those done and ready to go in the package I hope to be mailing out before the end of the month.
Unfortunately, it soon got very hot in my stamping room (no air conditioning in there...yet) so after a while we needed to stop (I was afraid the sweat dripping off my nose would land on the cards!). We did get 17 cards done, and there are only four more card kits to finish up. When I actually get the box in the mail I will let you know how many cards we've sent altogether, including Any Hero mail.

It was fun to spend the time crafting with my girls, and a great way to start off the new year.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

What a fun ohana activity to do together! And what an honorable way to start off the new year. I wish me and my daughters could have joined you.