Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oldies But Goodies

With Autumn (supposedly) approaching, I've started thinking about all the things I love about this season - especially Halloween. I stamped up this scene as a Halloween card but it's really too big to be a card and also...I can't part with it! I stamped this a long time ago, and don't remember exactly but I am pretty sure I used close to 20 stamps for this scene, every one of them by the fabulous stamp company, Art Impressions.  I even used Ai stamps (inked selectively) to add the text. When I first started stamping scenes I stocked up on loads of Ai stamps, and I still love them! I used them all the time on my scenic stamping website, where I put up a bunch of tutorials - all featuring these great stamps. Unfortunately, that site is long gone, unless it can be found via the Wayback Machine.
And this of course is a very sarcastic Valentine. Click on the photo to see a larger version. Not all of these are Ai stamps, but the couple on the bench and the fence behind them are.

I gave up stamping scenes several years ago, because while it is a lot of fun it is also time-consuming and challenging. Now that our translation business keeps us so busy, usually what I want when I have free time is to do something relatively easy and quick. But the beauty of the Ai stamps is that you can create a simple scene quickly with just a few images and not too much calculating, masking, etc. Of course, then I don't really have a good reason to add any snarkiness, but you can't have everything!

No comments: