Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More Cards

 I'm not sure whether it's having a clean and organized crafts room or the fact that I now know exactly what is in that room, but I've been motivated to make a lot of cards lately!  The two in this post are based on a card design sketch from the Operation Write Home stamping blog, Stars and Stamps.  It's sketch #195 - and as you can tell by the number this is a rich resource for card ideas!  Not to mention of course that OWH is a fantastic organization that provides a valuable service by sending blank cards for service men and women overseas to write in and send home to their loved ones.  Not only that, but the organization is extremely well-run and keeps card-making contributors involved in many fun and educational ways.

Both of these cards made from scraps of patterned paper that have been in my stash for over 10 years, and they use alphabet stickers that have also been in my stash for a good long while.  I'm all about using up the stash these days!
My choice of letters remaining on the sheet pretty much limited what words I could use, but I think I managed okay.  Not sure what I have left but somehow I doubt I'll be able to get another word out of just these stickers.  Maybe I'll do a sort of mix and match of various stickers next time.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Amy, I like the words you made with the stickers. These are really nice cards. Thanks for playing this week.

Linda said...

Writing out "hugs" is brilliant! Fun colors! TFS!!!