Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Playtime!


I got my first designer's kit yesterday from Stamp A Mania, and it's a lovely one! It's called Face Flowers, and some of the images are smaller versions of stamps already in my collection, which makes me think of all kinds of fun possibilties. Meanwhile, I made these two cards today, and had a blast getting inky after so much time away from my stamping table.


It's going to be lots of fun thinking of ways to use these pretty stamps. They are even a great size for ATCs, so I may have to get back into those, too. The Posh Rubber Stamps website is partially operational but the big reveal will be coming soon. I can't wait to see all of the accessories they are going to carry; I am in desperate need of Marvy markers and more glossy cardstock!

I've been away from blogging for a while and I've missed it. We've had a fair amount of work come in, which is always good. Plus, I'm still working on my biggest project, the memoir of a man who survived the Holocaust. I have just gotten to the part where he joins the Bielski partisans (did anyone see "Defiance"?).

Natually, there has also been a lot of knitting. I will share those photos in a future post. Some items have been given to their recipients, but I am still stealth knitting the socks for Avi. Nearly done, thank goodness! Of course, there is no shortage of other projects I want to start as soon as I finish the ones already on the needles.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I was happy to see your post today. I've missed seeing what craft you are currently working on.

The cards are lovely. I'm also glad to hear that you are still finding time to knit.

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Amy!
THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog! I WAS so lucky to win one of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas prizes . . . there must have been 2,000-3,000 comments each day and only 20 winner each day! I'm LOVING your LOVELY creations from Stamp A Mania's Designer Kit . . . Dee's images are classic . . . I still think they're incredibly BEAUTIFUL and you certainly do them justice in your art!!! LOVE 'em!!!