Friday, May 8, 2009

Well, Yeah...


Still here! There are health issues running rampant in my house just now, demanding lots of time and worry and so on.

And when I'm not doing that, I'm mostly doing genealogy research. Not too terribly exciting from a blogging perspective. The thing I've learned about doing genealogy research is that pretty much the only people who truly want to listen to what you've learned and what obstacles you need to overcome are other amateur genealogists, or maybe the family member for whom you are doing all this for in the first place.

Well, wait. It started out that I was doing this for someone else. But obviously, it is now for me as much, if not more, than for him. I wouldn't spend approximately 80% of my waking hours on this if I weren't fascinated and enthralled.

But the end result has been that I haven't had much to say. I haven't been knitting much, and I haven't stamped at all. I know that will change, eventually. I just can't say when.

8 comments:

Mariella said...

Oh you've hit the nail on the head with your comments about genealogy problems!

Yes, only the people that are truly interested will listen, but stop if you see them drift off to sleep :) I only have a few members of my family that actually want to hear what I've found. or even care.

Oh and then there are those other genealogists who think they know better or are quick to assume facts without proof.

Have you run into "difficult" older members who won't divulge information or share it? I have one such cousin who keeps promising to write stuff down for me, but it's been years and all I get is promises....

But it's a fun hobby and very rewarding!
Take a few breaks now and then and knit! Works for me :)

Joansie said...

Well, I'm interested enough to point out that you didn't mention who the people are in the picture (or did I miss that).

I've found that usually when someone doesn't want to divulge information is because there is a skeleton in the closet (often related to WWII). Sometimes they are doing their own research and don't really want to share info (not sure why with that one).

Years ago, I duplicated disks for a relative and asked that it be kept in their fireproof safe just in case. Guess what? Doesn't exists anymore. That was before the internet and now I am dating myself.

Have a great weekend, Amy! The knitting will come back to you in time.

Grandma Elsie said...

Hope all is well soon Amy,
To everything there is a season, so scrapbooking ,card making & knitting is on the back burner right now . They will be there waiting when you feel the need for a break from family history's.
Take care,
Elsie <><

Sandy said...

Hope your family gets better soon. Please don't feel guilty about not getting things done. To everything there is a season - that means creatively too. Take time to heal, fill the creative well and you will get back to art in your own time. Blessings of health and peace for your family.

Karin said...

We're here, ready to read anything you can and want to offer. In the meantime, I want to wish you much strength and hope for everyone to get better soon!

nancy blanchong said...

I have missed you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers often.

Jill L said...

Glad to see you are around, although occupied with family matters. Take Care!

craftyvox said...

Dear Amy,
Sorry to hear about the health issues in your family - I hope everything works out well soon.
Just came by to see what you were up to - I know about how life takes over the time to craft/write etc, same here. Haven't forgotten about you though! /hugs