Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting Even?


The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

Recently, I was shown kindness by several people whom I had never met before. I have learned many things from Alison, and so I am making a couple of gifts that I hope to deliver to those people. They helped me, and touched my heart, and I want to be sure they know that I appreciate that, and them.

Above is the Heart scarf (pattern on Knitty.com) for Dalia. I am working on Fetching wristwarmers (also a Knitty pattern) for Edna. Thank you cards are made, but not written in yet. I hope to finish all these things up by Sunday.

I've also been working on Meital's Starsky Jr. sweater (yet another Knitty pattern. Hmmm, I sense a trend...). I finished up the left front and started the right front this afternoon. Feels good to be making progress on that.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful scarf. I love the heart pattern. I hope you used yarn from your stash and are well on your way to a great new year!

Joansie said...

When you told me yesterday who you were knitting for, I immediately thought of Alison. I know you are friends and I feel like I know the two of you so well. Alison is such an inspiration, and so are you, Amy! Hugs!!!