Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stash Enhancement


A couple of days ago, Avi and I went to a bakers' supply store called Mr. Cake, where they often have all kinds of products and supplies that you just can't find anywhere else. I came home with a big bag of Belgian milk chocolate for melting, peanut butter mini-chips and caramel mini-chips. The last two items were new since the last time I'd visited Mr. Cake, and I was thrilled to see them, since I have a whole bunch of recipes I've been wanting to try that called for those items.


Today, I made 12 dozen peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, some of which were then dipped in the melted Belgian chocolate. I must say, in all honesty and modesty: YUM. I left a fair number of cookies nude, however; they will be easier to take to school and share with friends that way.

I've also been working on socks, sweaters and other items I'd like to finish up within the next month. No progress photos, because right now I'm in the Slough of Despond, feeling like no matter how much I knit, I'm not making any progress! Hopefully I'll get past that over the weekend.

6 comments:

Joansie said...

I can almost smell the aroma, across the ocean, of the delicious looking cookies...yum!

I'm in the same boat as you with the knitting. Feel like I'm not making any progress this past week.

Anonymous said...

Yum. And boy can I relate: I used to buy cocoa by the 50 lb bags. Now I have to settle for 5 lbs, but what the heck.

Now I want to go bake something!

Bo... said...

Those cookies make me hungry.

Tama said...

This post made me want to drool...
yuuuuummmmiiee...

Sandy said...

Mmmmm. These look so rich. Peanut butter, chocolate chip and dipped in chocolate. Wow! The combination sounds wonderful. Oatmeal with nuts and raisins are my favorites, especially if some chocolate chips have been thrown in, then dipped in chocolate. mmmmmm. I think I need some sugar.

LizzieK8 said...

Youngest Daughter made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies the other day. Oh, I didn't know how hungry I was for them! Have to try your dippin' idea...grands would love them!

I could make progress on my knitting if I'd quite CO more stuff....