Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Something Different


A friend of mine sent me an e-mail today with a link to something cool she had seen. I checked it out, then decided to see if I could replicate the idea. The result is in the photo you see above. Yes, a cute, little knitted cupcake with a pipe cleaner cherry on top! I am going to try this again one of these days, because I think the top of the cupcake is too pointy. Still, not too bad for a first attempt.

Yesterday I knitted on the second knee sock for my niece for almost 6 hours straight. Yes, I finished the first sock, and immediately started the second. Now that I know what lies ahead (and now that I have done all the math!) I think I will complete the second sock a lot more quickly than the first. Sorry there is no photo today - I forgot to take one before it got too dark for pictures.

I spent some pleasurable time working in my stamping room today, as well. I hope to have something new to show you from there tomorrow, too. But I really must get busy on Halloween cards, and I've been pondering my next move there for some time now... I hope to have my idea refined and ready to implement very soon.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

It's adorable, Amy! You could have quite a feast of sweets without any of the calories. :>)

Tama said...

oh, that's cute! and a really good job, 'specially since I'm assuming you had no pattern to go by?
...kinda makes me want cake...

Sandy said...

Yes, this card is toooo cute! I think you could make some other things too. How about a knitted house (it has the pointy look). I love incorporating the knitting with the card making. What shapes do you have that you could stamp part of and knit part of? Like a birthday cake. Maybe you could make the square shape with layers and frosting out of yarn and the plate and birthday candles stamped. Ooooh, I wish I knit now, but noooooo! I don't need another hobby - lol