Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Scattered

Sometimes I spread myself out over too many projects, and I end up feeling like the White Rabbit in the Alice in Wonderland movie:

I'm late! I'm late!
For a very important date.
No time to say "Hello," goodbye
I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!

As a result, I dabble a bit here and a bit there, and end up accomplishing very little.

Today was just like that.

I worked on Meital's sock, which is about 2" shy of the toe decreases now. I started two cards, but finished neither. I did a bit of stitching on Mother's Arms. I put something to prevent fraying on the edges of some fabric that I'm planning to stretch over the seat of one of our dining room chairs. We've had this dining room set for nearly twenty years, and the seats are embarrassingly threadbare. S0 I cut the fabric for one chair (there are 8 chairs all together) and treated the edges, but so far, in practical terms I really haven't accomplished anything with that project. I spent about an hour dissecting an old, worn out pair of Avi's jeans, cutting off the legs and trimming off the seams, and ripping out the zipper to save and use again. I also spent time pondering quilt patterns, and researching online the best way to use denim in a quilted project. I'm thinking a possible tote bag, or another project bag for knitting. Or maybe I won't quilt it, but will embroider it instead...

All of this is well and good, except when I remember the Top Secret Gift For Someone Very Special, the quilted border for the Four Seasons Bunnies, the mysterious milk carton project, the Mittnz blitz, the long-ignored scrapbooks, and so on and so forth.

Usually, I find multitasking exciting and enjoyable. But sometimes, I get discouraged at the slow pace things get finished around here. Hopefully, tomorrow some things will get done and I'll feel better again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, if we lived closer we could go out for a cup of tea and ommiserate over all the UFO's. However, I know all you've accomplished so no need to feel guilty.

LizzieK8 said...

I have a huge stack of denim I need to cut into squares to make into a rag quilt. Idea is to throw it into the back of the car for impromptu trips to the park and such.
http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/rag_quilt.htm