Thursday, January 10, 2008

Penguins



I consider the fact that I made this card today a victory. I keep meaning to spend some serious time in my stamping room, but haven't found much opportunity. I've asked myself whether or not I've been procrastinating, and I've decided I haven't. What I have been, is busy.

We finished up the more recent translation job for our neighbor today, and no sooner did we shoot off the work in an e-mail when an e-mail came in with a new job from someone else. Pretty good timing. So we spent much of the afternoon on that.

Somehow or other, I managed to work on my mother-in-law's sock, the ultra-top-secret gift, and the second slipper in the latest pair for Cheyenne River Reservation. And I made the card you see above, which is going to be sent off to a friend who recently broke her arm up near the shoulder and may need surgery. Tomorrow I want to make a card for another friend, who was in a car accident not long ago. She is mostly okay, but is also suffering from broken bones and is in need of some cheerful mail.

I'm hoping that in spite of the work yet to arrive, I will be able to go with my friend to the library tomorrow. I haven't found a good place to borrow books in English, but Chaya is going to take me to the library at the American School, which isn't too far from where we live. The school caters mainly to children of diplomats. The entire curriculum is in English, and apparently the school library is not only impressive, it is available to people who are not affiliated with the school. I can't wait to check it out!

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

Books. Yum! Next best thing to yarn.