Sunday, January 13, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Avi and I just got back from a basketball game in Tel Aviv. It was sooo cold outside! The problem with dressing appropriately to go to basketball games is, it's freezing outside and too hot inside the arena. But afterwards, as we scurried back to the car, which was parked in the farthest parking lot, I asked myself why the only thing truly keeping me warm was my hand knit socks. Oh, and my store-bought wool gloves. It's because I have yet to knit myself a hat or a neckwarmer! I really need to get on that, though I suspect that by the time I do, it will be too hot for such things. Well, there's always next season.

Meital's skit was a big success, and she thinks the group will get a good grade. This morning we did some frantic searching for a reasonable facsimile of a royal tunic, and came up with something that I quickly ironed and put into her bag along with the crown. Such a lot of fuss and preparation, for a performance that probably lasted less than 5 minutes. Oh well, I think the only thing I regret is that I wasn't allowed to see it.

Today was busy, work-wise. This is becoming more and more the norm, which is fabulous. I also managed to squeeze in some knitting on the current sock (still the second one for my MIL), the slipper (still the first in a pair that aspires to be beautiful like Ann's), and the Top Secret Gift for Someone Very Special (TSGFSVS). Once again, my vest (I've definitely decided it's going to be a vest, especially after experiencing the heat in the basketball arena again tonight) didn't make the cut. I have to agree with my friend Liz, who told me I need to set a deadline for that project, to make sure I do end up getting it done. I wonder if a week from Thursday (the next time we have a home Euroleague game) is a reasonable deadline? Maybe I'll just have to see what I can do.

And maybe I can do something about my apparent addiction to parentheses. Hmmm...

No comments: