Friday, December 7, 2007

Catching Up, part 2


Here are Avi's Chanukah socks. They are, as per his explicit instructions, made with leftovers of other socks, hence the slightly nauseating combination of colored stripes. I made this pair using two sets of double pointed needles, working one color on the first sock, then working the same color on the second sock. It felt like it took forever, but the amazing part was that I finished the second sock the day after finishing the first sock.

I am not going to use that system regularly in the future, however. The sock I'm working on for Liat right now is in Sockotta, which comes in a 100 gram ball, so I am working one sock at a time. I'm getting close to the heel on that, by the way.

I heard from my sister that the gifts I sent to her and the girls have arrived, so as soon as they have opened them I can share that with you, as well.

I collaged a tag for our friend's birthday today. I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but at least it got me into the craft room and working in paper and ink. I have a number of ATCs I need to make, so with luck that will start happening tomorrow.

4 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Amy, please send me an e-mail. I have something I want to send you! lizzyk8@gmail.com

Karin said...

Hi Amy,
did you see on ravelry -- there is someone who came up with a Random Stripes Generator. I'm sure if you google it you will find it.
But you already could not have done better with these socks.

Bobbisox said...

I like Avi's socks!!!! My colors.

Jill L said...

I love those socks and what a way to tbe thrifty!