Monday, October 15, 2007

No Knitting Photos Yet



The card shown above is still on my stamping table, awaiting its guts (photo in a stamped frame and a numbered item - #8 if you please!) and a suitably decorated and addressed envelope. Sometimes I move waaaaay toooo slooooowly. This card uses another technique I found on Splitcoast Stampers, called Pencil Over. I love the way it looks, and will likely do more like this (though not for my sister).


In other news, I blocked the scarf for my sister today. Gave it a gentle bath in soapy water, rinsed, and pinned it out on the floor on top of a gingham tablecloth. (Those squares help me keep things straight). If all goes well, it will be dry by tomorrow or the next day. I hereby promise before and after blocking photos.


I finished the second I Love Gansey sock today. I think these would benefit from blocking, too. But I don't have those specially-shaped sock blockers. I could make some from wire hangers, but I'm not positive they wouldn't rust if they came in contact with wet wool.
I've started a new pair of socks. I'm using the Oh So Nikki pattern from Knoxsocks Designs. These will be for my niece Kim (her birthday is just over a week after my sister's). They represent the last item in my hurry-up-and-get-these-in-the-mail gift items. Then I'll have a brief respite before the stress of holiday knitting descends upon the land.

No comments: