Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Xs and Os




Here's a shot of the Besotted scarf I started for my sister last night. I hope you can see those Xs and Os. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash wool. I really love this yarn.

I worked on my sock on and off today, but haven't touched the scarf yet. I'm exhausted, as I spent most of the day in a unnatural (to me) occupation: cooking. A few days ago, Avi and Liat came home from the supermarket and told me they'd brought me a present. Oh really? I'd thought. Hmm, could it be Belgian chocolate? Heck, I'd settle for M&Ms! (we do have those here, in plain and peanut, yum). But no, I wasn't even close. The "gift" they'd brought me was... eggplants. Four of them. And along with the eggplants came the expectation that I would make something with them.

That's what I did today. I spent four (4) hours making eggplant parmesan. Once I'd done that and cleaned everything up, I made oatmeal cookies. I figure that's my Suzie Homemaker allotment for the month. At least.

1 comment:

Bobbisox said...

Or it could have been babba ghanoush? Or, if you liked Thai food, the wonderful stir fry I was afraid to ask my SIL for the recipe after her tantrum. It was great, though. I never used to like eggplants until one time I had jury duty in the heart of San Diego and one of the fellow jurors took me across to the Federal courthouse where the food was wonderful. So wonderful that I had faith in their eggplant parmesan. The best I have had, even since.